In

Kick Ass 2 Review!

                                   


Rejoice! Hit Girl, Kick Ass, and the former Red Mist, now known as the Mother Fucker (language,sorry) are back! 

After the success of the first Kick Ass movie, I was excitedly awaiting the release of number two! It was one of those movies where after I finished watching I felt a sequel was a good idea, you know with some movies you just think 'okay that was really good, but it it really doesn't need a sequel' and others you're like 'that was so good, that needs a sequel, there's so much more to know/happen!', well yeah, Kick Ass was one of those.

Me and my best friend went to go and see it today, it was released today and is, I'm sure, in pretty much all cinemas in the UK, and I have to say I was not disappointed! Christopher Mintz-Plasse's character was still so funny, down to his costume (AKA a jazzed up version of his mother's dominatrix's costume) and his over all persona. Hit Girl is still fierce, edgy and powerful, (go girl) and Kick Ass is still his adorable ,and VERY toned now, self! 

There are many new characters, including a hench Russian woman named Mother Russia and a WWE fighter named Black Death, that are a part of Mother Fucker's group of super villains, and characters such as Night Bitch, Colonel Stars and Stripes and his companion dog Sophia, who are part of the Super Hero group Kick Ass joins named Justice Forever. Also, Turk from scrubs is in it, well Donald Faison, that alone is enough of reason to see it. His character is awesome. 

The plot is based along Mother Fucker's revenge on Kick Ass for killing his father, Hit Girls discovery of who she is, and Kick Ass' search to find a group of Super Hero's to form a team with. That's all I'll say for now, because I don't want to ruin anything! ONE THING I WILL SAY THOUGH IS THAT THE DOG DOES NOT DIE, IT'S OK. 

Now although the first Kick Ass film did have it's sad moments, it was still largely comedic. With Kick Ass 2 I found it was a lot more graphic, and there were a lot more sad moments! Not to mention the amount of shocking deaths, people you just do not expect to die, including one big one that made me sad and shocked the hell out of me! But it all adds to the depth and quality of the plot! 

Over all a very good movie that I highly recommend seeing! 

Four stars! 




What did you guys think of it? I know it got a lot of stick from the press, but I really did like it! 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of going to see that tomorrow actually :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete