In

Tackling Those Spots!





I have to say that *touch wood* I've been quite lucky with my skin that in the recent years I haven't really had bad spots, when I was 13-15 I used to get breakouts quite often, but my skin had settled and calmed and overall, hasn't really given me a headache..... until recently.

I'm going to go ahead and be honest by saying that the unhealthy eating that took place in and around Christmas is a large contributor to my skin's recent shenanigans, but I also think that it could well have been a new product that I had been using! And so after two weeks of just thinking "ahh it will pass soon", I actually started taking some steps to tackle those horrible red things on my face....


1- Find the source of what set it off: Often easier said than done, however the easiest way to get a start in this step is too ask yourself either, have you used a new skin or make-up product lately? or have you been eating differently? For me it was pretty much both of these (oops). I hadn't been eating too healthily because it was nearing Christmas and quite honestly the tin of Celebrations were WAY to tempting. Not only this, but I has also recently used a new product, the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Face Wash, which smelt and felt lovely, but must have had too much fragrance in for my skin. After cleaning up my eating and chucking out the face wash, the first step was done.

3- A good cleanser: For the next step I chose a Micellar Water Cleanser, the L'oreal Skin Perfection Solution is great, and so is the B. Pure Micellar Water, but lets not forget the queen of them all, the Bioderma Solution. Micellar Waters are a great way to remove make-up and tone your skin, and an excellent choice for people with more sensitive skin.

2- Find a killer spot cream: For this one I turned to A Model Recommends, I remembered being on her YouTube channel a while back watching a video of her talking about a spot cream from La Roche-Posay called Effaclar Duo, to cut a long story short, this corrective cream is a God send, I've noticed my complexion has improved and my breakouts have stopped! AND despite it's strength it was still great on my sensitive skin!

There are the three steps I took towards battling those pesky spots, and they've been a success! Goodbye spots, hello clear skin....














xxx









Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment