In

The time Revlon let me down....




Quite an annoyed/sad post this one, I have to say that I am a huge Revlon fan, I love pretty much everything they make, their foundations, mascaras, nail polishes, and most of all, their lipsticks! So when Revlon came out with their new Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick, their was no exception for wanting to, and ultimately purchasing it, but I have to say that this lipstick is just no good. (Sad face)

What's the problem? It just drys the hell out of your lips, like really badly, I put this on out of excitement when I first purchased it on the bus on the way home, so I didn't really see what it really looked like until about 20-30 minutes after putting it on when I arrived home, and it just looked bad.

What I found the worst was that it just looked so dry, literally to the point that it was actually cracking on my lips, and it wasn't just me that has been disappointed with it, both my mum and good friend purchased these too and both said exactly the same.. 

I have tried ways of getting around the cracking and dryness, such as applying lip balm both before and after I apply the lipstick, but none of these seem to stop it, and if anything the lipstick just disappeared faster when I did this! I understand that this lipstick is meant to be long lasting and suede/matte, but this just takes it to whole new level! 

Overall it's just such a shame that this lipstick is such a let down, I purchased it in the colour 'It Girl' and it's such an amazing colour, I love it so much I actually just wanted to carry on wearing it for that reason alone.

However, this is just what my mum, friend and myself found, for some people it could actually be amazing! So let me know, have you guys tried it, and what did you think? 

xx










Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this review with us. It seems like a nice color, I will look for it next time I am at the store. I will let you know if I end up buying it. ;)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oohh yes! You most definitely will have to and let know how you like it! It is such a lovely colour!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I've just nominated you for the Liebster award! :) Go on my blog and see the rules and also answer the questions I have asked you! And maybe check my blog out and give me a follow back?

    pixylinan.blogspot.co.uk

    much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Wow thank you very much! I'll definitely check out the details! And I will follow back too! Xx

      Delete