In

My Summer Essentials!


Summer time is here! Even if in the UK it is on and off at the moment! For me, and for a lot people, the beginning of summer signals the start of different beauty products being used and new essentials taking the places of old ones. So here are my summer essentials! 


1- A good deodorant - The slightly more icky side of beauty! But we all have to face the facts, unless you are blessed with some kind of non-sweat ability, summer is hot, and hot means sweat! So everyone needs that good solid deodorant that we can rely on, and my go to sweat-stopper of choice is Garnier Mineral Ultra Dry Antiperspirant, now this comes in a blue themed bottle and a pink themed bottle, both smell great, but my preference lies with the blue themed. This deodorant is brilliant! It keeps me anti-sweaty throughout the day, and the smell really sticks - great!

2- A good sun cream- This really is quite an obvious one! I really enjoy using this one from Vichy, it's factor 50+ so I usually use this when i go on holiday, and also apply it to my face, although its not specifically just for the face and is mainly a body sun cream, my skin is quite dry so it's not too thick and oily for me! Also Vichy does have a sun cream specifically made just for the face, perhaps one for oilier skin types! For hot days in the UK I usually stick to a trusty factor 20 or 25 Nivea sun cream!

3- A nice, light moisturizer- I have to admit that I am so lazy with moisturizing after showering, it really takes a lot of motivation for me to start what I look at as a chore! So when I moisturize and the consistency is so thick, creamy, and sticky I still feel like it's been freshly applied an hour after standing in front of a fan in a desperate attempt to make it dry - I am well and truly put off! But then I discovered the Intensive 7 Days Soothing Gel Moisturizer by Garnier that is a gel-based formula (making it super absorbent, super fast) and lasts for an apparent 7 days! And all is good, no sticky feeling and no need to moisturize every day! Yayy!

4- A light foundation, and mattifying powder- Sunny weather + sweat = Shine, I must say, I don't really suffer from oily skin, but recently I have noticed that my nose is starting to get shiny as the day goes by! But I don't want to use a mattifying  foundation as this will not be compatible with the dry skin on the rest of my face! So I have created a dynamic duo that boosts my skins moisture, is lightweight and still keeps the shine at bay! That duo being my all time favorite foundation AKA Revlon Nearly Naked, and Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder! If you have oily skin, try replacing the Revlon Nearly Naked with something like Revlon's Photoready foundation, teamed with the powder!

5- An SPF lip balm- My lips get really dry in the sun, so I have made it my mission to protect them more from the rays! Usually I am sneaky and hope that the lipstick I am wearing will serve as a suitable protector, but from now on Nivea's SPF balm has earned it's place in my make-up routine, I will apply it 5 minutes before my lipstick to let it take effect!

6- A summer scent- This is more one that I am planning to add to my perfume shelf soon! To be honest most of my perfumes are quite- heavy? Not so fresh smelly, more sweet(ish), with the likes of Beyonce's Heat Rush along with Jimmy Choo, there's nothing fresh for me to sport this summer- this needs to change! - any suggestions? I'm eyeing up the Jo Malone Fragrances....









Hope you have enjoyed this! What are your summer essentials? 


xx




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment